Bringing together the most forward thinking researchersWe believe in the power of human connection
Manaus, Amazonas – Brazil
June 17-19, 2019
Interdisciplinary ideas leading to innovation
ideas conference is an arena that encourages researchers to defy their field's boundaries, leveraging disciplinary mindset into contributions to broad domains within the Science, Technology, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, and Management.
The theme of ideas is “How to Turn Interdisciplinary Dialogues into Action?”. The foundations of innovation dynamics lay on integrating knowledge to propose new systems and constantly refining our approach to meet the needs of a rapidly changing world.
Ideas use a variety of engaging formats, panel discussions, mini-podiums, and special sessions for graduate students, and industry experts lined up with networking and social events.
Janaina M. BragaAssistant Professor
Nilton Lins University
José R. H. CarvalhoAssociate Professor
Federal University of Amazonas
Victor J. De NegriFull Professor
Federal University of Santa Catarina
Magnus KlofstenFull Professor
Petter KrusFull Professor
Marcelo OliveiraAssistant Professor
Federal University of Amazonas
Luciana PereiraAssociate Professor
Federal University of ABC
Ricardo SerudoFull Professor
Amazonas State University
- Cognitive / Cognition design
- Data driven design
- Design for healthcare
- Design for sustainability
- Prototyping and representation
- Service design
- Universal design
- Academic entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Social entrepreneurship
- Successful / unsuccessful cases
- Environmental systems
- ICT / gaming / entertainment
- Industrial / automation / robotics
- Cyber-physical systems
- Smart cities
- Social systems
- Systems engineering / SoS
How to design a technological system matching business model and with social impact?
- Energy: secure, clean and efficient
- Environment: climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Food Security: sustainable agriculture and forestry
How to design new independent or corporate business ventures?
- Health: demographic change and wellbeing
- Multiculturalism: inclusive, diverse and reflective
- Poverty reduction: education
How to find a purpose for a particular technology matching it to the right business model and with societal impact?
- Secure societies: protecting freedom and security of citizens
- Transport: smart, green and integrated transportation
- Water: protect and conserve water, inland, marine and maritime
ideas aim to stimulate novel questions and challenge existing practices on how to use science and technology as a source of business innovation to design more sustainable systems.
It is organized around central themes showcasing an I interdisciolonary-based approach that transversally cross extend the collective vision with a common ground through cross-cutting innovation efforts for the benefit of our society.
January 15 2019 Abstract Submission deadline
January 22 2019 Abstract Acceptance notifications
March 01 2019 Full Paper Submission deadline
April 09 2019 Paper Acceptance notifications
April 10 2019 Conference Registration opens
May 05 2019 Final Papers and Copyright Grants due
May 17 2019 Early Registration ends
June 16 2019 Graduate Students lab
June 17 2019 ideas Conference begins